The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:31 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, CFII Ryan Story, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Calvin Colony, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Trey Castillo, Al Schmidt, Dick Minette, Brett Lenz, Chris Lenz, and Mark Eads
GUEST PRESENT: Idan Nadler (disc jockey, entrepreneur)
The Minutes of the February 18, 2015 Board of Directors meeting was read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Ryan that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the airplanes was discussed.
3. Discussion was held re securing a 3-bladed prop for the Arrow. Don said he’ll give up the two rent payments we owe him if we decide to get one (if the price makes sense for the 3-bladed prop). Immediately, Rick moved with second by Randy, Bob, and Karo. Vote taken; Motion carried.
4. Multi-tier Membership: Discussion was held re Tim’s thinking that the rates should stay the same for everyone except “active” members/pilots. Those active pilots or pilots who use our facilities (runway, etc.) would pay an extra $10 per month dues. Rick moved with second by Ryan that the issue be tabled until next week. Vote taken; Motion carried.
5. So Mike Mango can have the night off, Ryan volunteered to cook March 18.
6. Mike spent $180 on groceries and supplies. Donations will be accepted and appreciated to help defray kitchen costs. Mike makes sure to provide good eats to those who come out to work (snow removal, mowing, work on hangars, general maintenance), attend ground school and meetings, etc.).
7. Mike talked about possible events for this summer. Rick mentioned he has a great idea to maybe have just one huge event instead of, or in addition to, several smaller ones.
Rick moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Adjourned at 7:05 PM.