The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony [& Amber], Ryan [& Maria] Story, VP Rick Treiber, Treas. Randy Stannard, and Sec’y. Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Kent Johnson, Jim Beeghly, Mike Mango, Al Schmidt, Andy Carpenter, and Mark & Sandy Eads
The Minutes of the November 6, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that “we still have money.” The bill on the 180 hasn’t arrived yet (although the plane’s back); however, it’s estimated the labor will be around $5000.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed.
3. Ground School: Ryan said the class is going well, the students are very interested in aviation, it’s a very good class, and all the students are members of the Club.
4. Nonprofit Organization: Rick said he’s submitted the first step of the paperwork; in other words, the process has begun.
5. Christmas Party (potluck): Still on for DECEMBER 7, 2013 AT 5:00 P.M. Oyster stew and chili are on the menu. Please feel free to bring a dish to pass.
6. Furnace in shop: Mike Mango said he’s putting in a pulse house furnace. Rick moved with second by Karo to have the furnace man Mike suggested look at the current hanging “furnace” to see if it can be repaired.
Tim said Taylorcraft will be 75 years old this coming spring (2014), and to celebrate, Tim will give a catered birthday party here at Green Castle Airport. YEA! PARTY TIME (again)!
Randy moved with second by Rick to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned around 6:50 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mike York, Shakopee, MN. Dir. of Engineering and Maintenance. Rahr Malting Company.Private Pilot, Tail Wheel, approx 100 hrs. I really enjoy flying tail wheel and grass strips; seriously considering an RV-4 or RV-8 at some point in near future. Other interests include building just about anything, fishing, boating, snowboarding, and spending time with family. I’m relocating from Muscatine, Iowa to Shakopee, MN.