The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Ryan Story, Calvin Colony, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Em Norden, Al Schmidt, Patrick McCormick with Susan and Brendan, Merlin Weissheier, Jerry Smithey, Trey Castillo, Terry Koehn, Mike Mango, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the July 8, 2015 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy and Terry gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: Terry reported on the general status of our airplanes.
3. New member: Mitchell Sortland, student pilot. WELCOME Mitchell!
4. Ryan reported that the Taildragger Club’s planes are not sold; price will be set soon.
5. Tim reminded us that we need to give Kurt Kerkman (of Kurt’s Enterprises in Vinton), his wife, and kids airplane rides. Kurt donated the rock for the hangars and rolled it. THANK YOU, KURT!
6. Jerry Smithey cleaned all our airplanes (they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL). THANK YOU, JERRY! It was also mentioned he also does a great job mowing our lawn. Again, THANKS.
7. Scholarship students: Terry reported that Trey has his long x-country to do (short ones are done) and still needs to take his written. (Trey said he’s studying for the written.) Ryan reported that Riley still needs to take his written and will be doing so in the near future.
1. Mike’s newest idea for our Family Air Adventure: ice cream and cookie sandwiches we make up in advance, slap them in a baggie, freeze, and sell at our FAA. GREAT IDEA, MIKE!
2. After discussion, Rick moved with second Karo that we suspend the last-Wednesday-of-the-month fly-outs and return to holding Board meetings. Vote taken; Motion carried. Discussion was held re possibly designating another night for fly-outs. Tabled.
3. WE WILL NOT HAVE A MEETING NEXT WEEK AS IT’S OSH WEEK! Karo will send a club-wide email.
Bob moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:52 PM.