The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Merlin Weissheier, Jerry Smithey, Chief CFII Terry Koehn, Mike Mango, Kent Johnson, Gary & Sharon Lust, Chris and Brett Lenz, Steve Smith, Jim Beeghly, and, of course, Mark Eads
The Minutes of the July 15, 2015 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Karo that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried. NOTE: No meeting was held July 22, 2015 as it was Oshkosh week.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Terry gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: Terry reported on the general status of our airplanes.
3. Jerry Smithey has been at it again. Don said that because he couldn’t find any more airplanes to wash or lawns to mow, Jerry has painted our main office and brought in two 4-drawer file cabinets, a bookshelf, and a desk . . . all matching. It’s just beautiful. THANKS, JERRY! The old desks and file cabinets are up-for-grabs; first come, first serve.
4. Merlin Weissheier cleaned the entire end of the enclosed hangar (that was really gross . . . full of moldy, mildewy, and disgusting “stuff.” THANKS, MERLIN! Looks great!
5. Scholarship students: Terry reported that nothing’s new on Riley and Trey; same as last week.
1. Long-time member and Board member Rick Treiber had a stroke last week and is expected to make a full recovery.
2. Mike Mango crashed his Luscombe. The plane’s a total loss, but Mike and his passenger are pretty much okay (bumps, bruises, couple of stitches).
3. Don has a boat for sale starting at $200. It has a 1973 Johnson 65 hp motor and a good trailer; however, there’s no title. Contact Don if interested.
4. On July 19, 2015, Terry Koehn, o/b/o Green Castle, was interviewed for the feature story that was published July 21 in the Iowa DOT Office of Aviation News (see attached). It was a great interview and a very well-written story. Good job, Terry.
Bob moved with second by Karo to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:53 PM.